Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Mirror me and my Social Networks

What are you truly interested in? Do your Tweets reflect those passions?
Are your followers learning about what matters to you?
If you’re not certain, then mirror.me is a great way to find out.
The site aggregates information from your Twitter timeline into a seriously cool looking
info graphic. Right in front of your eyes is the proof: you may not be
putting out into the world the things that are closest to your heart.

People build communities around their interests to increase their
enjoyment and expand their knowledge. The team behind this new service
calls these "Interest Communities." They believe these groups are the
cornerstone of why – and how – we build social networks. These networks
are a true testament of who we are and where our interests lie.

Mirror.me invites you to put your face in front of the proverbial mirror
and find out if your online personality reflects the real you.
The service takes a look at what you're doing not only on Twitter, but
on Facebook, LinkedIn, your blog and even Foursquare. They paint a
picture of what you're sharing on the Internet. Then, they give you
tools to help you interact within each of these communities. Use the
gathered information to help you decide if you need to shift your online
activities in another direction to better meet your personal and
professional goals if need be.

If you're happy with your social mirror, share it with your friends on
Twitter or Facebook with one click. Prove to the world that you really
do mean what you say and say what you mean. Let your true self shine
through and allow it to lead you in the directions you want to go. I've
said many times in the past that the key to being successful online is
being your true self. Be transparent. Be YOU. Mirror.me shows that I am
walking the walk that I talk!
Not only will you get the cute little graphic to share, you can take a
hard look at your community. Find out at a glance what your followers
are most interested in – and what the people you follow are focusing on.
The metrics as I've seen them are pretty accurate – at least in my case,
and that of my assistant. Adding more of your social network connections
(such as your Facebook, LinkedIn and blog) allows you to widen the data
net that is cast.
It's important to know if you are cultivating the right community. It's
equally as important to find out if you are presenting yourself to that
community in the best possible way. Mirror.me can help you on both
counts.
So check out yourself and your social networks at http://mirror.me/
remember to check out my “metrics” and follow me…
my Twitter handle is @gurudan

No comments:

Post a Comment